Monday, October 29, 2012

Daily dose of inspiration: Ballerinas

I recently stumbled upon this beautiful and inspirational project called The Ballerina Project. The Ballerina Project is a series of photographs created by photographer: Dane Shitagi that is intended to portray the heart and emotions of ballerinas over some of the world's biggest cities. The great part is the photographer uses traditional photographic film rather than modern digital cameras, giving a very organic feel to each photo. A majority of ballerinas who have posed for the project are professional dancers and the minority are advanced ballet students in renown dance schools. 

Growing up, I always dreamed of becoming a ballerina because always felt drawn to their elegance and grace. By the time I realized this desire, I was a little to old to begin training so pursued Cheerleading instead. There has always been a bit of an aching in my heart due to the fact that I never got to achieve this dream; however, in college I got to try ballet for two semesters and immediately fell in love! 

I love the contrast between the beauty and grace of the ballerina against the the concrete, harsh backgrounds. These photos are available to purchase and I am thinking they will be the perfect addition to my bedroom that currently lacks personality. 







What did you always dream of becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment