Monday, October 1, 2012

Big bro comes to DC


This weekend my brother Brian, age 27 (almost 28 yikes!), who is a doctor at Temple Hospital in Philadelphia, PA (thirty minutes outside of our hometown Downingtown, PA) visited Heather and I down in DC. While he was here I made sure to introduce him to my favorite eateries and sites in the city.

Saturday we went to the National Gallery of Art to show off our cultural side. Although I traditionally have not enjoyed art museums in the past (in fact Brian used to call me a cultural vacuum), this time I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Maybe it’s because I am growing up or maybe it’s just because I rarely get quality time with my big brother! My favorite collection was the impressionism art because if the bright colors and feminine images. Pictured below was my favorite piece, by Edgar Degas titled, The Dance Lesson, c. 1879. 


We then headed over to the National Botanical Gardens to enjoy the beautiful fall weather!


On Sunday, Brian and I ate at vinotecha which was a cute restaurant located in the heart of U Street that serves bottomless mimosas and delicious brunch options. Although the atmosphere was a bit loud for he and I inside, (due to all the brunch drinkers) the outside looked quite relaxing. They even had an area for bocce ball!

Photo from vinotecha

No comments:

Post a Comment